The very first occupant of this monument was Willem Frederik Karel Roemer, the director of the Paleis voor Volksvlijt. He moved into this villa on the slope along the former Zuiderzee coast in 1890. He walked straight to the beach from his garden. We say: follow his example. Fill those lungs full of oxygen, leave your shoes on the sand and run into the sea. Turn back for part two of the brainstorming session. And for lunch or dinner. The chef at Huis aan Zee is happy to think along with you about the ideal menu.
- COVID-19 - adjusted capacity based on 1.5 meters social distancing (only applicable for meetings): max 30 people.
The beach and the sea are mere footsteps away. A conservatory for extensive dinners and legendary get-togethers. Sunlight that enters artfully through the huge windows. Peace. Stylishly decorated rooms. Huis aan Zee is there for brainstormers who want more. Who want to take a break for an invigorating beach walk. Who want to incorporate an oyster-tasting at the meeting session. Or descend to the billiard room in the basement for a relaxing game. Brainstorming sessions are possible for up to 40 people in this space. And the real die-hards can stay in one of the five bedrooms.
- WiFi, LED screen and audio
- flip chart available
- view of the IJmeer
- various catering options available, such as: an extensive lunch at a beautifully decorated table, a BBQ in the garden or a delicious dinner buffet
- wide range of sports and culinary activities, such as: a kickboxing workshop on the beach, sailing clinics, kite surf lessons, oyster tastings and cooking workshops
- 5 rooms on the ground floor, a spacious garden with several terraces and 5 bedrooms
Huis aan Zee is located on the IJmeer in Muiderberg, a stone’s throw from Amsterdam and Het Gooi. There is enough parking space for up to ten cars, and bicycle rentals are available on request.